Before buying a cat
Before you begin your search for cats for sale, you need to consider a few issues. The most important thing is to check if all members of the household agree to have the pet at home. It would also be wise to make sure that no one is allergic to cat hair and dander. You should also remember that taking a cat is a great commitment since the average lifespan of these pets is 15 years. During this time, simply providing food and a clean litter tray will definitely not be enough. Contrary to popular belief, cats also need company, attention, and affection. When left alone, cats can become malicious and suspicious.
What to ask the breeder
If you’ve already made up your mind and started looking for a few cats for sale, there are some important questions to ask the breeder when you find an interesting kitten:
• How old is the kitten? Preferably, the cat should be between 8 and 12 weeks old so that it can be independent enough and also easily adapt to a new home.
• It is healthy? A healthy cat is active and willing to have fun, has light eyes and a clean, shiny coat.
• Have you been vaccinated?
• What kind of food has he been given? If you later want to change your diet, you should do it gradually.
• Is the cat litter box trained?
Where to find
There are many ways to search for cats for sale. If in doubt about which breed to choose, try attending a cat show. You will get a closer look at the different types of cats, meet and question professional breeders, and then contact them when they have kittens to sell. Another idea is to search for private sellers through online classifieds. The Internet allows you to quickly locate great bargains on cats for sale in your area. You can also visit a pet shelter and adopt a homeless cat.