Christmas is the season of giving, and there’s nothing more rewarding than seeing that sparkle in someone’s eyes when they open their gift and see the gift they’ve been wanting inside. However, sometimes, we just don’t know what to get someone. So why not give something fun and original, right? This is a list of the top 10 underwater cameras – Christmas gifts for 2008. Underwater cameras may not seem like an ordinary gift, but they can also be very useful and fun! See the list below.
1. Neoprene soft case for Olympus digital camera – Although this is not an underwater camera, it is still the most popular item for people who want to make sure their digital cameras are protected from the elements. It also has pockets for storage and a strap for easy handling. Definitely a good buy.
2. Flip Video Underwater Case for Flip Ultra Camcorders – this is a gift that would put a smile on your friend’s face. If you have a Flip video camera, you’d love this accessory that would allow you to shoot videos underwater up to 30 feet (and some users say even more than that!). It’s easy to use and reliable, too.
3. Sanyo VCP-STB1 Water Strap for Sanyo E1 Waterproof Camcorders – ranking third on this list of the top 10 underwater cameras – Christmas gifts for 2008 is another accessory for those who own a Sanyo waterproof camera. Not only does it keep the camera attached to the owner’s hand, but it also has a small float attached, so when the camera slides, it doesn’t sink.
4. INTOVA INWD-IC600 6.0 MP Digital Camera with Waterproof Housing -180FT – if you know someone who likes water sports or any other “wild” and “tough” sport that involves contact with the elements, then this is the perfect gift for them. This full-featured 6MP camera can be used in normal occasions. However, if the need arises (like when they decide to go snorkeling or surfing, for example), they just need to put on the waterproof case and they can take pictures on the go!
5. Canon WP-DC17 Waterproof Housing for Canon SD870IS Digital Cameras – this device can take care of your friend’s Canon camera in every way. It can protect it against water (salt or not), sand, mud, and even protect it from drops and scratches. Not only that, all camera functions can be used even with the case on. It’s just amazing.
6. Canon WP-DC21 Waterproof Housing for Canon G9 Digital Cameras – entering the second half of this list of top 10 underwater cameras – Christmas gifts for 2008 is this beauty. If your friend has a Canon G9 camera, why not give him something that allows him to maximize the use of the camera? With this case, they can take pictures underwater and not worry about destroying their camera. It is also excellent against sand, moisture, and scratches and bumps.
7. Canon WP-DC22 Waterproof Case for Canon PowerShot SD1100IS Digital Elph – this housing for Canon PowerShot SD1100IS cameras is ideal for all kinds of fun and adventures. Whether your friend is skiing or snorkeling, this case will protect your precious camera. All the functions can be used and the controls are easy to manipulate, which makes this gift really good.
8. Sony SPK-HCD Waterproof Sport Pack for underwater use with DCR-SR220, 45, 55, 65 camcorders – this waterproof case can be used with all 2006 to 2008 Handycam camcorders. It will allow your friend to dive up to 15 feet and take pictures and videos. There’s also sound, because this one has a built-in microphone!
9. Canon WWDC1 Weight for Canon All-Weather and Waterproof Cases -We’re almost at the end of the list of top 10 underwater cameras – Christmas gifts for 2008 but not without mentioning these nifty little gadgets that will keep your friend’s camera from floating when you use them underwater. This is to prevent the camera from slipping or to make them even easier to use.
10. Sony MPK-WD Marine Pack for Select W-series Digital Cameras (Clear) – Sony’s W-series of digital cameras are one of the most popular, so I bet you know a friend or two who you can give this gift to. This would allow them to take pictures up to 132 feet underwater and all the full functions of the camera can be used as well!