Finding the right type of tattoo design is an important task. There are countless art designs to choose from and getting the one that suits you best can be a tough decision. So why is it so important to get the right type of tattoo design? Here are reasons to think:
1. Tattoos last a long time. They are a piece of body art that literally stays with you for years and years.
2. You have to look at the same tattoo every day. This may not seem like a big deal, but whatever design you choose, you’ll stick with it whether you like it or not. Therefore, getting something pleasing to the eye is still extremely important.
3. They can be very expensive. Tattoo artists charge a significant amount of money for the work they do. It is not that they are charging more, they have a very specialized job. So before they do the job, make sure it’s what you want.
4. They can be a deep expression of your inner self. So what does that mean exactly? Well, tattoos are something that should be sacred. They become part of your body and should be significant, if not to anyone else, then to yourself. Tattoos should be the ultimate form of personal expression. That being said, they should mean something to you that is quite timeless and universal… the perfect tattoo.
Put that list of four together, then you have a pretty big decision on your hands. This is something you should not rush and you should exhaust all options and resources before settling on one. So what are some tattoo ideas you could consider? This article is going to cover three different tattoo designs: Zodiac tattoo designs, Celtic tattoo designs and tribal tattoo designs and some meaning and/or history behind each one.
1. zodiac tattoos – Also known as astrology tattoo designs, the zodiac style is based on your own zodiac sign. Depending on the date you were born, there are twelve options, as there are twelve signs or symbols of the zodiac. Each zodiac symbol also represents certain characteristics of a person born at that time. In this case, you would read up on the various characteristics of his specific zodiac sign and see how well it suits his personality. Many find that they can connect very closely with their personality. The website listed at the end of this article explains each zodiac sign, as well as other tattoo meanings. Whether you want a pisces tattoo, gemini tattoo, libra tattoo, cancer or leo, make sure it fits the way you are.
2. celtic tattoos – The Celtic tattoo design, which is often made of interlocking knots, comes from a culture known as the Celts. The Celts were a widespread group of people from Indo-Europe and surrounding areas in the pre-Christian era. Celtic art is a very complex and often beautiful art. The architectural and design art commonly associated with the regions of Ireland, Scotland and Norway. The art is very “old world” and is very popular in modern jewelry. Celtic tattoos often come in the form of a Celtic cross, Celtic hearts, and among many other Celtic tattoo designs. Much of this type of art symbolizes the thought of ancient culture and the return to the roots of things.
3. tribal tattoos – Tribal tattoo designs are a general term for tattoos that resemble the tribal markings of early cultures. The most commonly seen type of tribal tattoo design consists of thick, sharp edges that move around the body part like really thick rose thorns. Tribal tattoo art is usually thick, sharp and twisted. Even Celtic art could be considered tribal. Some meanings that can be associated with tribal tattoo designs are the need to go back to the primal uncivilized part of man. Tribal tattoos were worn by early tribes for a variety of reasons, from Egyptian priestesses to Native American sages to do things like magical protection or to show victory in times of war. In reality, tribal tattoos can mean anything to the wearer. In fact, you could create your own tribal tattoo with its own meaning if you want to get really creative.
Deciding on the right tattoo design or tattoo sketches can be a real challenge, but knowing their meanings and seeing a variety of different types can help make the decision much easier. Take your time, exhaust all your options and resources, discover the various meanings, meditate on who you really are, and make your move smart. Whether it’s zodiac, tribal or Celtic tattoos or something else entirely, there are plenty of options to choose from.