1. NEW YORK GIANTS (-3.5) VS. New York Jets*******WE HAVE A STRONG OPINION ABOUT THIS GAME.
2. TENNESSEE TITANS (-8) VS. Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons got on the board last week with a nice home win over Houston. They now head to Tennessee to take on the away Titans who impressively beat the Saints in New Orleans on MNF. The Titans have now covered their last 8 games and have always put in a good effort which should be no different against Atlanta. If the Titans weren’t coming off a bye, they might have been susceptible to disappointment, but the bye week only strengthens their chances against a still weak Falcons squad. The Falcons are also in a bed spot as they rate in a 53-104-4 disappointment on the road here. The Titans’ defense is playing very well and they should crack down on resurgent Joey Harrington, who did most of his damage over the past two weeks against poor secondaries. THE PICK: Tennessee Titans (-8)
3. WASHINGTON REDSINS (-3.5) VS. Detroit Lions: The Lions head to Washington to take on a Redskins team that continues to struggle to score points but has been playing well defensively outside of a second-half meltdown against the Giants. Meanwhile, the Lions are coming off a tough win at home against the Bears and will likely be susceptible to disappointment here against a non-division opponent. The Redskins have had the advantage of the bye week to get their offense going and this team has weapons in RB Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts to go along with wide receivers Santana Moss and Antwan Randle-El. The Lions are terrible defensively and that will further help the ‘Skins in their effort to get going offensively. This is still a tough question to decide as these teams are close in ability but go with the home team that has had the extra week to prepare. THE PICK: Washington Redskins (-3.5)
4. Arizona Cardinals (-3.5) VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS********WE HAVE A STRONG OPINION ON THIS GAME.
5. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (-16.5) VS. Cleveland Browns: Another big advantage for the unstoppable Patriots here and the only thing that might keep them from covering is the fact that they are in a disappointing situation after a dominant MNF win over the Bengals. The Patriots are clearly the elite in the NFL right now and the talent gap between these two teams is huge. The Patriots have already covered such a high spread this year when they beat the Bills in Week 2, so they haven’t shown anyone any mercy so far. The Browns also apply to a negative 53-104-4 ATS situation on the road and at this point you shouldn’t bet against the Patriots under any circumstances. THE PICK: New England Patriots (-16.5)
6. HOUSTON TEXANS (-5.5) VS. Miami Dolphins*****THIS GAME IS ONE OF OUR BEST BETS FOR THE WEEK.
7. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (-3.5) VS. Carolina Panthers: The Saints need to take a stand and do it fast because their season is spiraling out of control after they were embarrassed on MNF at home against Tennessee. The Panthers find themselves in a similar situation as they are coming off a terrible loss at home to the Bucs and will once again be playing without quarterback Jake Delhomme. It would be hard to see the Saints lose back-to-back games at home, but the extra half point is the problem with this one. The Panthers seem to play better on the road and are a well-coached group that should respond with their season on the brink. The Panthers are in a good spot here as well, qualifying in a 40-9-3 ATS turnaround scenario. The Saints should win the match but it will be by only 3 so take the points. THE PICK: Carolina Panthers (+3.5)
8. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (-5.5) VS. Seattle Seahawks*******THIS GAME IS ONE OF OUR BEST BETS FOR THE WEEK.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars (-2) VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS*******THIS GAME IS ONE OF OUR BEST BETS FOR THE WEEK.
10. INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (-10) VS. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Colts remain home after an impressive slaughter by the Denver Broncos on Sunday, while the Bucs maintained their status as the biggest upset of 2007 by beating the Carolina Panthers on the road. Back-to-back road games are always tough, but quarterback Jeff Garcia has this team believing they can win against any opponent. The Bucs’ defense has also played very well and they look like the robust units that dominated the league between 1998 and 2003. The Colts are firing on all cylinders offensively as usual, but will come into this one banged up with RB Joseph Addai and the WR Marvin Harrison dealing with injuries. Although both should play, this could serve to slow down Indy’s mechanical offense a bit. However, the Bucs are in a bad spot, rating in a negative 67-132-3 ATS on the road. It’s hard to pick here due to injuries on both sides, so it’s best to stay away if you can do without picking this game. THE PICK: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (+10)
11. Baltimore Ravens (-3.5) VS. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS******WE HAVE A STRONG OPINION ON THIS GAME.
12. DENVER BRONCOS (-1.5) VS. San Diego Chargers******WE HAVE A STRONG OPINION ON THIS GAME.
13. GREEN BAY PACKERS (-3.5) VS. Chicago Bears: The Bears are a mess and now they have to go to Green Bay to face the Packers 4-0. Green Bay is rolling behind great play from quarterback Brett Favre and a solid defense that has played better than many might have expected from this young group. The Bears will stick with Brien Griese at QB, but no matter who plays, this offense just can’t seem to get out of its own way. The Bears do qualify in a very profitable 47-10-4 ATS road scenario, but the Packers will be encouraged to kick a major division rival while they’re in the dumps. The Bears are also in the negative situation of playing back-to-back road games, so this is one draw you shouldn’t bet on. THE SELECTION: STEP
14. Dallas Cowboys (-10) VS. BUFFALO BILLS*****WE HAVE A STRONG OPINION ON THIS GAME.