Here are the top five culprits for bumper scratches and damage on today’s roads:
1. Rear End Accidents – Rear end accidents are the number one reason your car might need dent repair. Each year more than 2.5 million rear-end collisions occur in the United States alone, and many more accidents go unreported to authorities. While some of these accidents cause major damage, most of them only leave minor scratches and dents on the bumper, thanks largely to the way new cars are built.
2. Backing Up – A lot of drivers hit the edges of garage doors, utility poles, and even toys left in the driveway when backing up. Even the best rearview mirrors can’t show everything in your path.
3. Parallel Parking Mishaps: Parallel parking is notoriously tricky, even for experienced drivers. Misjudging the amount of space you have to park often leads to those little jolts that leave scratches and dents in your bumper.
4. Rocks and Dirt – While most people know that small rocks can damage a vehicle and cause the need to paint the bumper, it’s also important to watch out for excess dirt. High dirt-carrying winds can create miniature “sandstorms” that can cause minor damage to your car’s exterior.
5. Pedestrians and bicycles: A car doesn’t have to be damaged by hard impacts or fast speeds for scratches and dents to appear on the bumper. People dropping keys, wayward shopping carts, bikes misjudging distances, or even teenagers standing or jumping on bumpers can do some nasty damage.
The good news is that bumper repair doesn’t have to be expensive. Most of these types of accidents aren’t big enough to warrant an insurance claim, and for many drivers, an insurance policy’s deductible is actually greater than the cost of getting repairs through an auto repair provider. reputable mobile bumper.