1. Learned from renowned journalists. Take your news article writing skills to the next level by learning from those who have already excelled in this field. Read the articles published under your name and take a careful look at the way they were written. Find out if they have books or if they offer writing seminars. You should take advantage of these for helpful tips and writing techniques.
2. Go with controversial stories. Whenever possible, cover the stories that are really controversial. This is one of the best things you can do to ensure that you will be able to capture the attention of your target audience.
3. Use powerful headlines. Never take your headlines for granted. Take as much time as you need to make sure that they are powerful and that they are very effective and specific. You want to be able to have your target audience on the edge of their seats so they feel compelled to read your copy in its entirety.
4. Offer complete information. Leave no stone unturned when doing your research. It is very important that you can feed your readers everything they need to know so that they easily understand the story you are covering.
5. Be brief. Less is more when writing newspaper articles. Help your editors save space by telling your stories using as few words as possible. Don’t even think about using fillers or long introductions. Just hand over the data you have as it is.
6. Edit your articles. Do your part and make sure your articles are ready to publish when you submit them to your editors. They must be free of grammatical, spelling and, above all, factual errors.