You have pets in your house? Are you being eaten alive by fleas? These usually appear as itchy red welts on the skin. Do you know how to stop this?
The weather has changed and it’s hot in Southern California. Now is the time for those little critters called fleas to start becoming a pest. Fleas do not stay in one room of your house. They live and breed in every room of your home.
If you have a dog or a cat or many dogs and cats, you are a feast for these little critters.
The best way to jump on them is to fight them with a
STEP 1 – SPRAY YOUR HOUSE
(1) You can buy spray cans at almost any store that spray the flea killer straight up.
(2) Buy one for every room in your house, including hallways and kitchen.
Note: Store all food or anything you don’t want sprayed with flea spray in the cabinets.
(3) Securely close all exterior doors and windows.
(4) Walk around your house and place all the flea spray cans starting at the back and ending at the outside door.
(5) Try not to breathe until you are safe outside or wear a mask.
(6) After spraying is finished, leave the house closed for three hours or whatever the instructions on the can say.
(7) Then vacuum the dead eggs to vacuum all carpets, furniture and curtains.
(8) Wash all bedding that was sprayed on and has flea eggs on it.
STEP 2 – SPRAY YOUR YARD
(1) Spray your garden while the house is closed and free of live fleas.
(2) There are many types of flea killing sprays to choose from. Some can be connected to the hose and sprayed.
(3) Another option is to have a pest control company come weekly or twice a month to spray your yard.
Note: Your pets should not be in the house or in the yard during the fumigation.
(4) When you return home, leave the doors open and immediately open all the windows.
(5) Throw away all used cans of flea spray.
STEP 3 – BATH YOUR PETS
(1) The third step is to bathe all your pets in the bathtub or outdoors.
(2) Another option is to take them to the animal beauty salon.
DO ALL THESE 3 STEPS ON THE SAME DAY:
The main idea is to do all three steps on the same day. In this way your house will be free of fleas for approximately seven days.
REPEAT ALL 3 STEPS AGAIN IN 7 DAYS.
After the seventh day, all the flea eggs will have hatched and you will need to start the 3-step process all over again.
There are wonderful flea collars and other products on the market for your pets now that work great at keeping fleas away.
When you have a pet and you don’t want to become flea dinner, this is the 3-step program that will work.
Repeat the 3 steps as many times as necessary.
Thanks for reading my article. Please feel free to read all my articles.
Copyright 2006 Linda Meckler