Losing weight is a difficult task, but if you want to reduce inches from a particular body part, it becomes more difficult. It’s disheartening and disappointing when even after spending tons of money and hours at the gym, you just can’t put on your favorite dress because of your protruding belly.
What you don’t know is that your fitness and beauty goal can be achieved without even going to the gym, or spending a lot of money on anything else, if you choose your training well. That right choice can be a great fit for Pilates if you’re looking for strong, toned core muscles.
The best exercises for a slim waist through Pilates are:
1. THE MERMAID – Rest on your left hip in a sitting position, with your legs bent to the left
Place your left hand on your right ankle and raise your right arm straight up in the air.
Reach to the ceiling as far as possible and then to the left
· Relax and repeat 10 times on both sides.
2. COURSES – Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, arms by your sides.
Exhale and curl your chin toward your chest with your shoulders fully off the mat.
Hold the position for 10 seconds and relax.
repeat it 10 times
3. PILATES 100 – Lie on your back with your knees bent. Lift feet off floor to tabletop position (knees stacked over hips and bent at 90 degrees)
Point your toes, squeeze your heels and extend your legs to about 45°
Lift your head, neck, shoulders, and upper back off the mat.
Pump your arms up and down while inhaling (5 times) and exhaling (5 times) through your mouth
Do 10 sets
4. COILING – Lie on your back with your arms extended toward the ceiling.
Exhale, tuck your chin toward your chest, and roll into a sitting position with your arms extended toward your feet.
Hold the position for 5 seconds.
Inhale, relax and return to the starting position
repeat 10 times
5. ROLL LIKE A BALL: Bring your knees to your chest and wrap your arms around your legs.
Move forward until your tailbone touches the ground and your feet are a few inches above the ground.
Inhale as you roll back to your shoulder blades and exhale as you roll forward, balancing close to the starting position.
repeat 10 times
6. SINGLE LEG STRETCH – Lie on your back with your legs raised at 45°
Exhale and lift your head, upper back, shoulders, and neck off the mat.
Bend your right knee toward your chest with your left hand on your ankle and your right hand on your knee.
Switch legs as you exhale
do 20 reps