For many centuries, iron and its alloy metals have been used for roofing, and even certain metals, such as wrought iron, were used to create strong and resistant structural cladding. However, these metal options often presented a number of problems, as they needed to be painted quite frequently to maintain their appearance. This routine maintenance made owning a metal roof a very expensive investment. However, these problems were resolved when colorbond metal was introduced to the market. Today, colorbond is one of the most popular materials used by professionals around the world looking for attractive and durable roofing options.
Colorbond is actually a galvanized steel sheet that is covered in permanent paint through a mechanical process. This is done so that the paint does not come off, even in the worst weather conditions. This means that when you put one of these roofs in your home or warehouse building, you don’t need to worry about painting it every three to six months or fixing any rust and corrosion problems. Colorbond ceilings are cheaper compared to similar materials and are easier to transport, store and install in any type of building.
This roof is preferred by most industry professionals today as it does not require a lot of maintenance work and can be installed faster compared to a common tile roof or wood panel roof. This roof can be applied to any building, but it is mainly used in areas and climates where the rate of rainfall is higher or in environments where it snows throughout the year. When it rains heavily or snows for a long time, the roof should be sloped at some angle so that it can withstand this precipitation and snow does not accumulate on the roof. This material will prevent this from happening.
Here are some of the common benefits of colorbond ceilings:
- The most important benefit of colorbond ceilings is that they do not require a lot of maintenance work and the ceiling does not need to be painted to keep it looking its best.
- This material is ideal for any type and shape of building and can be used for both residential and commercial purposes.
- These panels are very easy to weld together, so there is no need to worry about joints or creating a cover for a wide ceiling light.
- In places where it rains or snows all the time, the colorbond pitched roof is the ideal choice to keep the property safe from moisture-related damage.
- This ceiling is very easy to install and does not need a lot of installation work. It can usually be done in a few hours.
- While tile or wood options can be pricey, colorbond is the best material available that still ticks all the boxes without breaking the bank.
- Even when there is some damage to this roof, it is very easy and fast to repair or replace any damaged panels.