When the going gets tough, the tough get going, that’s how the popular adage goes. It is no hidden secret, that after the start of the pandemic outbreak, times are truly terrifying, especially with the application of social distancing masks and face protection. We face difficult times in which basic survival is the only priority. To make matters worse, if the virus outbreak itself wasn’t intimidating enough, the chances of infection from the rapid spread of disease-producing germs make the chances of survival slim.
With no credible antidote still available to protect people from the impact of infection, and staying home is not a viable long-term solution, personal protective equipment or PPE is the best option to create a safe barrier between contagion. However, for those who can avoid going outdoors, staying home until the storm of infection passes is the best possible precaution to protect themselves and stay healthy.
To stay safe indoors, you need to be very careful and watch out for the slightest symptoms of disease transmission. Careless or inattentive behavior towards health can put a person at risk of contracting a disease. By following best practices and following standard precautions every day with dedication and sincerity, one can easily ensure the health and safety of their loved ones.
Here are some recommended basic protection measures against COVID-19 that one can adapt while staying indoors to stay safe and healthy.
Here are some common safety tips that can help you prevent coronavirus while staying indoors: –
1. Maintain social distancing: – Practice social distancing even when indoors, as disease-carrying germs can be transmitted through breathing, contact, and even when droplets mix in the air. Always protect yourself with safety measures such as creating a protective barrier between you and the environment in case you have to leave for urgent work.
2. Boost your immune system: – In addition to ensuring that you wear protective gear to create a safety barrier against germs, it is equally important to emphasize strengthening the internal immune system. Protective barriers can only be effective to a certain extent if the individual has a weak immune system. A weak immune system makes it easier for germs to pass into the body. Boosting the immune system is the best protection against infection at all times. Consumption of fresh foods such as vegetables and fruits, physical exercise, intake of essential nutrients such as vitamin B12 with methylcobalamin, imparts strength to the inherent system of the body to fight against any foreign body that has entered the system.
3. Disinfect your belongings: –
Disease-causing germs can remain alive for a long time even after being separated from their natural habitat. They can remain dormant in the transitional phases until they find a suitable host to thrive. To understand the effect of the virus, you can take the example of copper, where it can stay for 4 hours. Cardboard retains the virus for 24 hours, in plastic and steel the virus adheres for almost 72 hours. Periodic cleaning and disinfection of surfaces that have frequently exchanged contact with disinfectant and disinfectant solutions can keep the surrounding environment clean and unsuitable for the reproduction of germs.
4. Practice respiratory hygiene when coughing or sneezing: –
It is time to go back to the basics of education and instill in our habits the practice of covering the mouth when sneezing or coughing not only as a sign of good manners but also to reduce the chances of transmission of disease-producing germs. Keep your environment clean and prevent germs from making it their breeding ground.
5. Wash your hands often the right way: –
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, you should wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with certified hand sanitizers. Disinfectants with an alcohol content of at least or up to 70% are highly recommended and alcohol is an extremely effective agent that kills Corona Virus germs and bacteria. Using alcohol-based hand sanitizers can help fight pandemic disease effectively.
6. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth: –
Taking protective measures for COVID-19 is everyone’s responsibility. Being a respiratory disease, the carrier germs can be transmitted through touch or by being present in an infected environment. therefore, it is advisable to be very careful when touching with bare hands. It is best to wash your hands frequently before touching other organs.
7. Do not neglect mild symptoms, seek medical attention as soon as possible: –
Treatments for coronavirus are done according to symptoms of flu, cold, cough, and fever. There is no precise definition or description of the exact symptoms of the Corona Virus. However, the onus is on each individual to ensure that they are taking the proper treatments after displaying these symptoms. If you feel unwell, weak, or have a fever, seek medical attention immediately and isolate yourself.
The coronavirus preventative tips mentioned above will protect you while you stay indoors. Stay home and stay safe. By following these simple but very effective tips, you can create a much-needed barrier between you and harmful germs.