Did your girlfriend just cheat on you? Oh. Any guy who hasn’t had to go through that is very lucky. Whether you want to get over her or just the fact that she cheated on you, I have some advice for you.
1. Don’t think about it – The worst thing you can do is keep imagining what happened. If you keep reminding yourself, you’re going to stay bitter about it.
Whatever happened is now in the past. If you don’t learn to leave it blank and still want to have a successful relationship with this girl, you’ll be tempted to bring it up and you’ll always be suspicious. It is not healthy.
2. Can I trust her? – This is a difficult question, and you will have to make your own judgment here. Unfortunately, many people who cheat are likely to do it again. Do you really want to go through the stress of knowing it could happen again? If it was a long time ago, proceed with caution.
If you decide to take her back, you either have to trust her completely or not date her at all; nothing in between. If you always question her, ask her if she’s sleeping with another man, and generally get angry about it, she may stop trying and cheat on you again.
Having full faith in your partner, even if they have cheated on you before, is your best bet to avoid the problem again.
3. Did you encourage her? – Not all cases are the fault of unfaithful partners. If she wasn’t happy with you, you may have contributed to it. I’m not talking about how good you are in bed. That is irrelevant.
Were you always suspicious of her all the time? Did you always accuse her of things she didn’t make of her? Are you controlling? Are you always jealous? These are all traits that can lead to your girl cheating on you. If she feels happy and free while she’s dating you, let alone a possession, she probably won’t even think about cheating on you.
4. Is it worth it? – Of course, the problem could be all hers. Some girls (and guys) need to feel desirable. They thrive on as much attention as they can get. If a man wants them, he can’t say no. These guys are usually drama queens, to top it off.
Until he grows up, don’t bother. These types of women are not worth your time and you will feel frustrated. There are many faithful and attractive girls out there. Don’t spend your time, energy and emotions on a girl who can’t respect what a faithful relationship is.
5. Have a little fun – Only if you’ve broken up with her. I do not encourage cheating on her as revenge. You’ll find yourself spiraling into a huge emotional mess until you’re both left picking up the pieces on your own.
If you’ve broken up with her, go to as many girls as you want. Only go on dates, if you don’t want to have sex. Either way, when you start to make friends, you’ll find yourself making progress. You will forget about the past and you will forget that your girlfriend cheated on you. You’ll realize you’re not missing anything and feel sorry for the next guy who dates her; you will know exactly what he will have to endure.
Decide what you want and stick with it. Have you broken up and want to get over it? Learn the best way to get over a breakup. Or are you thinking of giving it another try, but you’re not sure you can trust it? You know her, and you have to decide for yourself. Personally, I never give a cheater a second chance, because I know I deserve better and that I can do better.
But if you decide to give her another chance, you have to trust her completely. He may regret it and he will want to know that you trust him. He’ll want to know that you can still believe in him despite what he’s done. If you are unable to do this, the problem may recur.