If you are experiencing lag in Dead Frontier, here are the tricks you can do to fix the problem.
1. Make sure the disk is not full
2. Deal with registry fragmentation
3. Reduce background stress by disabling startup programs
4. Remove desktop background and change theme to classic
5. Delete Junk Registry Entries in Dead Frontier Hive
Make sure the disk is not full
Storing too many files causes delays in Dead Frontier. Make sure the disk is not full or unnecessary files are not stored. To remove unnecessary things, follow these steps:
1. Open Disk Cleanup from Start | All programs | Accessories | System Tools.
2. Select a drive.
3. Click OK.
4. Follow the instructions. Do the same for the remaining drives on your computer.
Dealing with Registry Fragmentation
Fragmentation in the registry makes it slower to retrieve game content due to Dead Frontier lagging. You should remove registry fragmentation, restructure it using PC Optimizer software that includes Registry Defragmenter feature. So, just download a PC Optimizer software.
Reduce background stress by disabling startup programs
While playing the game, running too many programs in the background causes game lag. You have to reduce this stress by disabling most of them. To do so, disable your startup entries as follows:
1. Open the System Sonfiguration utility by clicking Start | Run by typing MsConfig and pressing ENTER.
2. Click the Home tab.
3. Disable unnecessary entries.
4. Click the Apply button.
5. Click the Services tab.
6. Check the box called Hide all Microsoft services.
7. Disable unnecessary entries.
8. Click Apply | IT’S OKAY.
Remove wallpaper and change theme to classic
By removing the desktop wallpaper and changing the theme to Windows Classic, you can improve the performance of the game. The steps are the following:
1. Right click on the desktop.
2. Select Custom.
3. Select the classic Windows theme.
4.Click Desktop Background.
5. Select a solid color like black. [From Picture Location drop down box.]
6. Click Save Changes.
Delete Junk Registry Entries in Dead Frontier Hive
Unwanted registry entries in the game registry section cause game lag. You should remove them with good Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software.