Starting your own business is exciting; especially entering the field of life coaching. He has recognized his ability to inspire others and is committed to bringing his gift to those who need his help. The biggest hurdle was figuring out what that gift is, and now that you’ve realized it and accepted it, it’s your responsibility to share it.
But how do you go from making your gift to packaging it to be able to bring a product (or service) to market?
These are our top 5 tips:
- Understand your customer, who they are, where they socialize, and what their habits are. Understanding this helps you know where to find them (either in person or online). Is Your Local Market Yoga Enthusiasts? So you know that you should spend your time meeting the owners of the yoga studios and seeing if there is a way to work together. Is your target market young moms struggling to balance being the best moms they can be, while being the best partners they can be? So your market is online and you will find them on Facebook or Instagram, maybe even Pinterest, but you need to know when they are online for your posts to have the most impact.
- Analyze this information. If your ideal client is a yoga enthusiast, don’t just practice yoga and chat before and after class. Instead, look for strategic partnerships with yoga studios. How can they benefit each other? If you know that your ideal client has to do with life on Facebook, how do you get your posts in front of her? And your ads? How often should you post, images or text? At what time of the day? When are you most likely to relax for the day? Once you know this, you can better target your ads. This goes beyond marketing, to spending habits. You must charge what you are worth, but also offer different services at different prices.
- What tools do you need to grow? Have a merchant account, have you invested in Infusionsoft? Do you have a toll-free business line? An online calendar app with appointment setting options? What processes can you implement now, so that you can start as you should?
- How will you structure your practice? You may feel like you can make the most impact by doing 1: 1 individualized work, but what will that look like? For a one-on-one session, how much time is spent on pre / post work, billing, appointment confirmation, or rescheduling? Be realistic about the amount of time you can offer one-on-one advice. Perhaps incorporating group sessions or a self-directed online platform would be a better option.
- Start building your list! Keep the pipeline full so that as soon as you can accept more clients, you have a few ready. A Lead Magnet is a great place to start – it’s simply a gift you offer to prospects in exchange for their contact information. Not sure what lead magnets are all about? You can download your copy here.
And an extra tip: create a successful team to support you. This could be real support in the office (internal or virtual), but also friends and family who are there to cheer you on when you have bad days, but are also ready to celebrate every success (big or small!).
Congratulations on choosing this trip! We are always here to listen to you (and encourage you!)