People who have been injured by dangerous drugs often feel helpless and alone.
When you or a loved one has been seriously injured by a medicine that was supposed to help you, it can be difficult to know what to ask or where to find help.
Is it your local lawyer?
The laws are different in each state. While some attorneys are licensed to practice in more than one state, which means they are familiar with the laws of those states, most attorneys are licensed to practice locally, either in their own state or nearby.
Do you have experience with this type of case?
The law can be complex. Therefore, it is important to find an attorney who will limit their practice to the type of legal problem you are facing. In the case of pharmaceutical injuries, it is important to choose an attorney who is not only experienced in personal injury law, but in pharmaceuticals specifically.
A trained and experienced pharmaceutical attorney will be able to read and understand all the evidence that arises in pharmaceutical cases, including studies, medical data, and other specialized information.
Is the lawyer well regarded?
Choosing the Right Personal Injury Lawyer [http://www.rwklaw.com/about_us.shtml] it can be difficult. However, choosing an attorney with the proper credentials and legal experience is essential to winning your case.
Fortunately, there are several ways to research the experience and credentials of a personal injury attorney, including:
· Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory. Martindale-Hubbell is an independent evaluator, who rates attorneys. professional skill and integrity.
· Board Certification. The National Trial Defense Board (NBTA) is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and the Ohio Supreme Court to certify attorneys in the civil trial defense specialty area. NBTA-certified attorneys must meet rigorous standards that include significant trial experience, attorney and judicial peer review, written examinations, and continuing legal education.
· Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is limited to attorneys who have won million- and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Less than 1% of American attorneys are members.
· Super Lawyers. Super Lawyers is a list of 5% of the best lawyers in each state, chosen by their peers and through independent research by Law & Politics magazine.
· Experience. Most attorneys will provide prospective clients with an overview of their relevant experience. Seek to hire an attorney who has handled cases similar to yours in the past and has other relevant experience.