Robert Allen is a successful writer and investor. He has written several books that are published and reviewed already in Success Progress. This book is now 5 years old, which is old in the internet years. Therefore, I will review a part and give up-to-date advice on internet strategies to make money.
Why is this important to me? I understand that I am asking you to spend 6 minutes with me in this video and then potentially a couple of hours reading this book. Therefore, the content has to be worth it. That said, the content of the book is well worth it. Years ago, one of the spouses could work and support the family. This country had what was called a middle class. Then we move on to the “DINK” era, which is dual income without children. Therefore, both spouses worked to make ends meet. Today, both spouses work and families are still drowning in debt and suffering from money problems. Creating multiple streams of PASSIVE income is critical if you want to get out of the rat race and support your family. Contrary to popular belief, this requires work and concentration. Usually when you hear about success overnight, they never tell you about the previous 10 years they spent kicking their butt.
Creating multiple streams of income takes time, but once you start doing this, you will see the power of passive money and compounding. Investors like Robert Allen and Robert Kiyosaki have typically done this with rental real estate. Robert Allen pioneered the billion dollar cashless real estate market. IMHO, I think the internet offers a lot more bullish opportunities with less risk. If anything, you can start generating monthly cash flow from the internet and park it in cash flow real estate. This method will make you rich if you spend time with it.
I’m a huge fan of the three stooges. This is the case because my mental capacity matches theirs. The question is then, how do we start making money online? I will save you hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars with one word: CONTENT. Don’t spend money on traffic software, Google Ads, or anything else until you understand that content is king. The reason the Stooges have been known for over 70 years is because of their content. Good content persists.
Enough with the esoteric stuff, here are some things you can do right now to dive into making money online.
1. Content: everyone is unique and you need to start there. If you have a passion for a particular sport, hobby, or animal, start there. Start by getting rid of everything you know about that particular thing. A mind dump is when you take a sheet of paper and a pencil and simply start writing down the words that come to mind about your particular topic. Don’t worry about the organization. That will come later.
2. Research – Now we want to do some research. This is why the Internet is so strong. In the old days, when you wanted to sell something, you had to make calls, knock on doors, and send emails. Today, the lead funnel is out there and all you have to do is use Google to start taking advantage of it. You can use the Google AdWords tool. Just “Google” AdWords and you can include websites or terms and see how many people are searching for that topic. This is very strong because if your content is good and millions of searches are done per month then you are on your way to generating a revenue stream.
3. List building: your list is critical and where the money is. Don’t buy an email list of brokers. Don’t spam. Don’t try to take the easy way out on this. Building a good list will take time, but if you serve the list with good content, then it will pay you 10 times more. You want to get a following, so start writing short articles on your topic and start submitting them to article sites. Sites like EzineArticles are free article sites that will help you drive traffic to your site. You can create an article and submit it to various free article sites. Search article marketing for more details.
4. Social Media: Creating social media content is critical to creating and helping you generate income. Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are great places to start. Coordinate all these things and your traffic will increase.
Once you have some content and did your market research, you need to know the end game. How will this be monetized?
1. Free Partial Ebook – You can write an ebook on your topic and give away the first chapters for free and charge for the entire book. Imagine selling a $ 2.95 ebook and offering it to a list of 200,000 people. If you get a 5% sales rate, then you just made $ 29,500. There is power in small amounts. McDonald’s is a billion dollar business that sells products for 99 cents.
2. Affiliates – Do you know that you don’t have to sell, collect, pack or ship anything? One of the largest and most trusted affiliates is Amazon.com. There are others like Clickbank and the commission union that you can also check out. You simply link to the affiliate product or service, and as people buy, they pay you.
3. Advertising: Google and YouTube will pay you to have ads on your site. How cool is that? When you watch YouTube videos and click on an embedded ad, the creator of the video gets paid. Can you hear the money coming into your account while you sleep?
4. Mobile applications: mobile applications are a great opportunity. I’m getting my feet wet with this now and will share the success as I go. If you think about iPhones, iPads, Android phones and tablets, the size of the opportunity is huge.
All the things I talked about today are free. Once you get down to business and building, there are inexpensive paid services like Traffic Geyser, IContact, and Keyword Spy to help you in your search for internet income streams. You will need to invest in a website and some design work. There are inexpensive subcontractors that can help you with this. Remember to run this like a business and set realistic goals for yourself. If you are in a position where you hate your job, set a goal of one year to leave. In that time, work on your content, website, marketing, and list-building activities. If you give yourself a year, you will earn money.
I hope this short summary has been helpful to you. The key to any new idea is to incorporate it into your daily routine until it becomes a habit. Habits are formed in just 21 days. One thing you can take out of this book is THE CONTENT IS THE KING. People want good content. People love to buy and hate to be sold, so when you have good content, they will love to pay you for it.