The role of Woks is to cook Southeast Asian cuisine such as Thai and Chinese food. However, they specialize in stir fry, then you could use them for boiling, frying, steaming, braising, and making stews and soups. They are versatile cookware made from a variety of materials. You have woks made of stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel and aluminum. There is also an electric wok. You don’t need a stove to cook in such a wok. Simply plug it into an electrical source and the wok will act as a heating element.
The advantages of using a wok that uses electricity are several. Aside from cooking delicious food, they have some advantages over other woks. We highlight some of them:
1) Storage: Electric woks are very compact and suitable for keeping around the house. Their design is such that you can simply push them into your cabinet. You can even easily stack them in the corner of your kitchen. They also look good unlike heavy iron woks that have to be hidden somewhere. Therefore, you can use them even at the dining table with friends around and the food is cooked right there. Apart from a good conversation, you could also share some delicious aroma that emanates from the wok.
2) Portable: Since these woks are powered by electricity, it is very easy to use them wherever you have an outlet. You can take it when you go camping or other trips. All it needs to work is a source of electricity. So even if you go to a place where you can’t have a kitchen to work or fuel, you can still cook food in your wok that uses electricity.
3) Cooking: A wok is a delicious meal, especially stir fry and noodles, fried rice with vegetables, spaghetti, ground turkey, French fries, and gravy. Since it is powered by electricity, cooking becomes even more convenient. In this wok you can cook tortillas, hash brown potatoes and stew among others. In fact, anything you can cook in your pan can still fit in a wok.
4) Easy cleaning: Electric woks are very easy to clean and maintain. Since they are mostly made of non-stick material, you don’t even have to rub too hard as the food doesn’t stick to the sides.
5) No Stove Needed: The biggest advantage of an electric wok is that you don’t need any fuel or heating element to cook your food. Electricity is all you need. Therefore, it becomes very convenient to cook in the summers when the temperatures are extremely high to stand in the kitchen and cook for hours.
6) Savings: To cook a meal, you don’t need to work on two or three burners at a time, because it costs a lot. An electrically powered wok is a cheaper option. It’s a one time investment and this wok will stay with you for a long time. If you were planning to buy a wok, I would definitely recommend an electric wok. It is necessary for every kitchen.