A cord is a cord is a cord!
How else would you define a simple cord used to suspend something or anything? Actually, the term is as old as the shipment, or perhaps older. From a nautical point of view, a sling is a short rope or cable that passes through dead eyes to hold and tighten upright rigging.
Today, people from almost all walks of life wear shoelaces today, and oh my! So creatively:
1. Promotions: This, perhaps, is the widest use today after shipping! Whether at trade shows or in offices, you can see people walking around with multi-colored threads around their necks, nametags or IDs hanging from them.
These are the cheapest and most attractive way to promote your business at a large gathering. No one misses the vibrant colors of the laces and you can personalize them with your company name and message. Many organizations offer them free to trade fair visitors and some even use them in advertisements.
After all, everyone can wear a name tag!
Schools use lanyards to identify different grades and these are especially useful when hosting large events.
2. Camping: Losing a knife, compass, or any other camping equipment is a nightmare that only campers identify with. The solution again is a cord. Secure everything. People even use it to hang washed containers from tree branches to air dry and chill a bottle of wine in the river!
3. Navigation: this is probably the only course of action that cannot do without laces. From paddles to map cases to water bottles, everything must be secured with laces for a successful ride!
4. At home: Have you ever wanted to tear down the house because you couldn’t locate the nail clipper or can opener or bottle opener … the list goes on! And just because you forgot the laces! Plug in your kitchen and hang everything where you can see it. Like keys, gadgets have a way of disappearing when you need them most.
5. Even the garage! It’s true. Here you also need laces for the same reasons as in the kitchen. In this do-it-yourself era, you need to be equipped and your equipment needs to be close at hand.
6. Just for fun: creativity makes the world have different dimensions around it! Laces have become a means of expression and now you can choose beaded laces, leather laces, plastic laces, and much more in various knots, braids, and shapes.
7. And this: you can’t really walk today without a lanyard to hold your camera, your glasses, your glasses, whistles (if you are a coach!), Cell phones, I-pods, PDAs, pagers, in fact almost everything. that today has become a necessity.
A simple piece of rope has become a huge part of life, but like everything else useful, you need to be careful with the laces. A short cord is useless, but a cord longer than necessary is an accident that is about to occur. On a boat it could entangle equipment and become dangerous, on the road it could roll the wheels.